Example domain

Options
Jack Busher
Jack Busher
Community Member

After installing the newest version of 1password for Mac(4.4.1) I attempted to make changes to several of my logins. Now, when 1Password is open and I double-click on any of the "changed" items, I get a window saying, "Example Domain...This domain is established to be used for illustrative examples in documents. You may use this domain in examples without prior coordination or asking for permission.
More information..."

How can I actually find the info I changed and get rid of this window?

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

It sounds to me as though you may have created a new demo vault and are adding items to that rather than a new primary vault. Is that possible? If so go to 1P4 > New Vault... (not New Demo Vault...) and create a new vault from there and see if that then works as you expect.

This is only a guess and may be quite wrong so don't hesitate to post back if it is or if you need more help.

Stephen

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I suspect that this may not be related to multiple vaults at all.

Check the URL of the Login item you are trying to open. It almost sounds like you might be using an old version of 1Password that used example.com as the placeholder for the URL (i.e. "website") field. Example.com is a special website that is designated for use in documentation or apps where a sample domain needs to be used without being something that might one day become a real website. It is reserved by the IANA

The easiest way to get a working Login for a site is to save a new Login like this:

https://guides.agilebits.com/1password-mac-kb/4/en/topic/saving-a-login-manually

Like @Stephen_C mentioned, we're happy to dig deeper if necessary. :)

Cheers!

This discussion has been closed.