Help cleaning up on logins and passwords {Check Help > Tools menu to remove redundant PWs]

Options
cutter
cutter
Community Member
edited September 2014 in Mac

After 2 years of using 1password I've decided to do a little housecleaning on saved logins, delete unwanted items etc. I've noticed that under "All Items", I have seperate entries (1 login and 1 password) for each website I have a created password for. I don't understand why the separate password entry is necessary since the actual password is stored in the respective password field of the login. So, my question is, is it safe to delete all password entries and keep only the logins for each website, or will I also be deleting the password field in the login as well? Thanks for your time.

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

It's sounds as though you're seeing both the login item and the password saved in the Passwords category. You can go to 1P > Help > Tools > Remove Redundant Generated Passwords and see if that improves the situation. (The Passwords category saves passwords which 1P does not think are linked to any specifically saved login item. You won't lose login items by removing redundant generated passwords.)

Stephen

• cutter
    cutter
    Community Member
    Options

Hey Stephen thanks; much, much better now. This deleted over 40 unneeded password entries. I do have some still left but these are relatively few and can deal with them manually. Thanks so much.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

So glad it helped.

Stephen

This discussion has been closed.