Watchtower thinks Google is vulnerable due to regularly updated certificates [should be resolved]

Options
Tezcatlipoca
Tezcatlipoca
Community Member
edited September 2014 in Mac

I love the Watchtower / Security Audit function of 1Password, however it always thinks that my Google password is vulnerable.

I changed it after Hearbleed went public, which was after Google had patched itself and also refreshed its certificates.

But since then, Google has been renewing/refreshing (?) its certificates much more frequently than it used to, and so Watchtower thinks my password should be changed.

I could change it... but as soon as Google changes its certificate dates again in the next month or two, Watchtower would once again think that it was vulnerable...

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2014
    Options

Hi @Tezcatlipoca‌,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry that you are having some trouble.

You are correct that this used to be an issue in the past. For more details, please read @jpgoldberg's post #12 in a previous thread about this.

That said, this issue should now be behind us. I suspect if you update the password one last time it won't happen again.

Please let me know if it does, though. We'd love to know about the issue so we can correct it.

Cheers!

This discussion has been closed.