Backups

Options
robinsonchr
robinsonchr
Community Member

While I have been using 1Password for some time now on my iPhone I am new to backing it up on my MacBookPro. How do I know if my "Generic Account" data is backed up on my laptop? Where can I see the files to verify they are all there? I would like to see the same data on my laptop that i see on my iPhone just to be sure it's all there and as a second copy to actually use to find my passwords from time to time. I keep all of my passwords in the Generic Account section in my iPhone, is that wrong?

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2014
    Options

Hi @robinsonchr‌,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us.

There's no wrong way to store your data in 1Password, but if you are storing credentials for logging in to websites as Generic Accounts you may be missing out on some of 1Password's most useful functionality: filling in the browser.

1Password can fill your username and password (along with other fields required if a site needs more than just those two) when you have the details saved in a Login item. 1Password can also fill Credit Card and Identity items. (Identity items are for filling address and other information related to signing up at a new website or entering your shipping address when purchasing something online.)

Before we go too far, though, I have a few questions.

1. It sounds like you might be using an old version of 1Password on your iPhone since I don't . Can you tell me which version of 1Password for iOS you are using based on this list?

2. Additionally, what version of iOS are you running on your iPhone?

3. When you say "backing it up" to your Mac, I am wondering if perhaps syncing would be a better option (if that is not already what you meant). Syncing will keep your data constantly updated between 1Password for iOS and 1Password for Mac. Do you have 1Password for Mac installed?

Looking forward to getting everything sorted out for you.

Cheers!

This discussion has been closed.