Trouble changing passwords

Options
khad
khad
1Password Alumni
This discussion was created from comments split from: creating new passwords or updating old ones doesn’t work with OS 10.9.5.

Comments

• rsvaught
    rsvaught
    Community Member
    Options

I am having the same problem. I generate a new password but cannot transfer it or copy it to the account web page. It reverts to the old one.

• rsvaught
    rsvaught
    Community Member
    Options

This used to work flawlessly but is not now. I am having a terrible time changing passwords that are generated with 1Password 4.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @rsvaught‌,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry that you are having some trouble. I split your posts from the other two threads since they were each a bit different, and I want to make sure you receive the personal attention you deserve. I hope you don't mind. :)

Can you confirm that yo are following the steps exactly as they appear in the User Guide?

https://guides.agilebits.com/1password-mac/4/en/topic/changing-a-saved-password

Where in that process are you finding things going wrong?

Are you unable to change the password on the site, or are you unable to change it in your Login item. They are two separate things, and I want to make sure we're on the same page.

Could you provide the URL of the site where you are having trouble?

Thanks in advance! I'm sure we can get things sorted out for you.

This discussion has been closed.