Can't sync multiple vaults on 3rd machine

Options
Lstream
Lstream
Community Member

We purchased the multi pack Mac/windows pro version and installed on 2 Macs, 2 pads and 2 phones with 2 vaults syncing with dropbox. Now trying to install on a 3rd desktop and can only sync with one vault.
I've uninstalled, restarted, resynced but have not been able to make both vaults available. I don't have a "switch vaults " under file.
What's going on?

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Lstream,

I'm sorry you're having trouble getting Dropbox to sync with both vaults on your 3rd desktop system. Which operating system is it running? I'll guess Windows, since you mentioned having a Mac/Windows license and:

I don't have a "switch vaults " under file.

The Open 1Password Vault… and Reopen 1Password Vault… commands under the File menu in 1Password 4 for Windows can be used to select a different Agile Keychain vault (folder) stored in Dropbox to sync with.

Please let us know if that works or you're still having trouble we can help you with. Thanks!

• Lstream
    Lstream
    Community Member
    Options

We figured it out. The original install creates 2 vaults that go to dropbox. On The second machine install dropbox presents 2 possible files to sync with. You can only choose one (that' was the key for us) and it becomes the primary. To sync with the second vault we go directly to dropbox (not through the 1 password interface) and select the second vault. Now the ability to switch vaults is presented in the nav bar, where it didn't show up when only the primary vault was active.
    Long way around. When adding a vault sync go to dropbox (or iCloud etc) and select the vault

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Lstream,

I'm happy to hear that you got your multi-vault configuration/access figured out; thanks for letting us know. If you need further help with this or anything else please don't hesitate to ask! :)

This discussion has been closed.