Can't sync MacBook Air using iCloud

Options
BillS2rt
BillS2rt
Community Member

I just purchased 1Password version 4.4.1 and installed it on my iMac using OSX 10.9.5. I am trying to sync my MacBook Air, also using OSX 10.9.5, with no luck. On the iMac I synced 1Password with iCloud but when I open 1Password on the MBA and select "I've used 1Password before" and "sync with iCloud", I get an error message stating that "Could not find 1Password information on iCloud." I am using Sophos Anti-Virus on the MBA which could be a problem.

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    edited September 2014
    Options

See if this knowledge base article on configuring Sophos helps.

Edit: if that makes no difference there are some helpful tips about getting it working in this post by AgileBits (even though it also includes iOS sync).

Stephen

• BillS2rt
    BillS2rt
    Community Member
    Options

I changed the setting on Sophos and I followed the instructions for deleting data on iCloud and re-syncing but I'm still getting the "Could not find 1Password information on iCloud" when I select "I've used 1Password before".

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @BillS2rt,

Have you ever switched to iCloud Drive on any IOS 8 or Yosemite beta device/system using the same Apple ID for iCloud as on your iMac and MacBook Air? If so, that will break 1Password iCloud sync on iOS 7 or Mavericks permanently. When iCloud Drive is enabled, it does an upgrade on your actual iCloud account, and that change is not recognizable to earlier operating systems.

If that's not an issue, can you give try troubleshooting iCloud sync again and see if it makes any difference? And if you're still stuck after that, please send us a Diagnostics Report from both of your Macs, along with a link to this topic and your forum username, to support+forum@agilebits.com. A quick comment here mentioning that you've sent the reports would also be helpful.

Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.