Wi-Fi Sync Not Working Properly Between Mac Pro and iPhone 5s

jepmus
jepmus
Community Member

Good morning,

I've been using Wi-Fi sync successfully for some time, between multiple devices, including my MacPro, MacBook Pro, iPad Air, and iPhone 5s.
This morning, I attempted to sun my iPhone 5s with my Mac Pro. After hitting "refresh list" on my iPhone multiple times, my MacPro has yet to "appear" on my iPhone screen.
iPhone 5s - iOS 8.0.2
MacPro - OSX 10.9.5
1Password - 4.4.1 (441006)
1Password - iOS 5.0.1

Please advise. Thank you.

Comments

• jepmus
    jepmus
    Community Member

[apologies for my typo]

Good morning,

I've been using Wi-Fi sync successfully for some time, between multiple devices, including my MacPro, MacBook Pro, iPad Air, and iPhone 5s. This morning, I attempted to sync my iPhone 5s with my Mac Pro. After hitting "refresh list" on my iPhone multiple times, my MacPro has yet to "appear" on my iPhone screen.

iPhone 5s - iOS 8.0.2. MacPro - OSX 10.9.5. 1Password - 4.4.1 (441006). 1Password - iOS 5.0.1

Please advise. Thank you.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

There are some threads on the 1P for iOS forum about wifi sync problems with similar setups to yours. Here is a thread with some ideas and links to other threads which may help.

I should perhaps say I have almost the same setup as you and it works for me. I say that only because not everyone is having the same problem—which, of course, makes it a little difficult to track down the source of the problem.

Stephen

• chrisdj
    edited October 2014

Hi @jepmus,

One thing you could try in order to help narrow down causes is an ad hoc connection, then try Wi-Fi sync over that. It essentially makes a direct connection between Mac and iOS, leaving the router out of the picture.

ref: DOCS-281

• jepmus
    jepmus
    Community Member

Thanks to both of you for your helpful replies. Hopefully, I'll have a chance for further investigation tomorrow, and will let you know my results.

• Sounds great, @jepmus! I look forward to knowing what you find out!

This discussion has been closed.