mac 1password sync iCloud database is not the same as iPhone or iPad version

Options
sarasvati
sarasvati
Community Member

looks like they are not the same database,but they can not sync each other.
i like use 1password,but sync problem worries me,pls help.

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Can I ask, are both of your iOS devices running iOS 8 and 1Password 5 for iOS by any chance? That would be my suspicion. Apple changed iCloud a lot with the release of iOS 8 and the yet to be released Yosemite. The problem is keeping pace with Apple means incompatibility with older versions. There's a sticky thread in the iOS section referring to this. Sadly, for the moment you are restricted to either Dropbox or WiFi sync if you want all your devices to remain synchronised. There is an Apple event on the 16th of this month where they're expected to release Yosemite to the public. After that AgileBits will release 1Password 5 for Mac and then both versions will be CloudKit enabled, returning iCloud sync as an option.

If you're not running iOS 8 on one of these devices and haven't upgraded to iCloud Drive then your issue is a different one so post back here!

• Hi @saravati,

We haven't heard back from you. Are you still seeing an issue? If yes, can you answer littlebobbytables‌ questions because they would explain what's going on.

This discussion has been closed.