unassigned smart folder in Mac version?

Options
johnny808
johnny808
Community Member

I looked in the Mac knowledge base and user's guide, but I could not find any mention of the unassigned smart folder in the Mac version.
On the Windows' version, I had over 60 items to sort into custom folders. The unassigned smart folder made it a breeze, allowing me to keep track of what has not been assigned yet.
I noticed the Mac version doesn't unfortunately seem to have an unassigned smart folder, so it would have been much harder to keep track of items I haven't assigned yet. How does one keep track of unassigned items on the Mac version?

Comments

• Hi @johnny808,

Even though an "Unassigned" smart folder isn't directly built into 1Password 4 for Mac, it's possible to accomplish by creating your own custom smart folder.

Bring up the search options via Edit > Find > Show Search Options or via Command + Alt + Control + F, then enter the following criteria:

For no folder:

For no tags:

You can save one (or both) of these criteria as a smart folder for easy access by pressing Save, and you can name it "Unassigned" or something similar.

Hope that helps! :)

• johnny808
    johnny808
    Community Member
    Options

@JasperP‌, very ingenious workaround for the no built-in unassigned smart folder in the Mac version. The first search option for no folder behaves exactly like the unassigned smart folder. Thanks.

• Hi @johnny808‌, On behalf of @JasperP‌, you're welcome!

This discussion has been closed.