1Password for Mac not detecting iCloud sync from iOS

Options
prod2323
prod2323
Community Member

So, i'm running into the same iCloud syncing issue (between my OS X & iOS devices) that allot of other people are experiencing and it is frustrating to say the least. The challenge I'm having is that my iOS data is the most current but the solutions i have come across all address the problem with OS X being the holder of the most current data.

The steps i have taken thus far are:
1. Disabled iCloud sync on box devices
2. Cleared iCloud data
3. Renamed the 2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassw... file on my mac
4. Restarted both devices
5. Reactivated iCloud sync on my iOS device and ensured that the sync cycle completed.
6. Fired up 1password on my mac

Now once i restart my 1password on my mac it asks me where my iCloud data is. Upon selecting the iCloud option it tells me that it cannot find the 1 password info on iCloud. I am signed into the same iCloud account on both devices and data in other applications is syncing perfectly fine. Not sure what is not allowing me to restore my OS X version from the existing iCloud backup.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2014
    Options

Hi @prod2323,

I sincerely apologize for the frustration here. Please have a look at the announcement we have posted at the top of the forum:

Attention all iCloud users! (Important changes in 1Password 5, OS X 10.10 and iOS 8)

This should explain the situation, but if you have any questions, we're here to help!

• prod2323
    prod2323
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Megan,

Thanks for the reply. I assume the solve will only apply to public release of Yosemite, as i am currently running the public beta version of the new OS X. With that said i will likely wait in order to use the iCloud functionality.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @prod2323‌

Unfortunately, we do have to wait for the public release of Yosemite: our betas are built around the webstore version of 1Password, and iCloud is only available for the Mac App Store version, so even if you were beta-testing both OS X 10.10 (Yosemite) and 1Password, iCloud would not be an option for you at this time.

I wish I had a better answer for you, but I do hope this helps! :)

This discussion has been closed.