filling in wrong password

Options
cmosentine
cmosentine
Community Member

Hi all: I recently changed my password on a Fidelity account. I used 1PW to generate the new password and updated the 1PW database with the new password. However, when I attempt to log into my Fidelity account 1PW enters the wrong password. If I open 1PW and COPY THE PASSWORD and login manually I get in just fine. Is 1PW using an old password (it does keep track of the old ones)? Very confused.

Comments

• Hi @cmosentine,

Sorry for the trouble! A few other users have reported filling issues on Fidelity, and there is an open bug report so our developers can look into it.

There's one thing I'd like you to try though — could you please try saving a new login manually for that site and see if that helps:

Saving a new Login manually

If that doesn't help, could you please let me know the exact URL of the login page you are using?

• cmosentine
    cmosentine
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the reply. I created a new login for the Fidelity account and it does work properly.

• You're welcome! I'm glad to hear that fixed it. :)

Please let us know if you have any other questions. We're always happy to help!

• G_Force
    G_Force
    Community Member
    Options

I've noticed this same behavior on merrilledge.com as well. Everything is fine until you change your password. Then 1password appears to fill in the wrong password, but copying and pasting the password works. The workaround to manually create a login does work in this case, but I thought you would want to know of another website where this behavior is occurring.

• Hi @G_Force,

We appreciate that, thanks!

This discussion has been closed.