Not syncing between Macs [Resolved]

Options
Tom Hodgson
Tom Hodgson
Community Member
edited October 2014 in Mac

Hi,

I am finding that my Mac App Store installation of 4.4.2 running across 3 Macs all running OS X 10.9.5 are not syncing with the iCloud sync enabled.

Please help. I have tried disabling and then re-emabling syncing but nothing seems to work :-(

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Tom Hodgson

Now, there are a few very basic things that we need to check before we get into the more detailed troubleshooting:

• Please ensure that you are logged in with the same iCloud account on all computers and devices. (If you're like me and have somehow collected several, this could be where things are getting tangled!)
    • Please ensure that 'Documents and Data' is enabled for iCloud on all devices.

If those items check out, let's run a test and see where things are getting tripped up:

• Create a test entry on your Mac ("Test, Mac1/2/3") and add some data
    • Which test entries show up on which Macs?

Please let me know the results of this little experiment - once we have a better idea of where things are going sideways, we should be able to get this straightened out simply for you :)

• Tom Hodgson
    Tom Hodgson
    Community Member
    Options

Yes I am logged into the same iCloud account on all machines.
    Documents and Data is enabled.

I have also updated to OSX 10.10 today and looking at my data I have two 1password fiels stored in iCloud, could this be the problem?

I have just added one to my machine at work and also one to my iPhone (running iOS8.0) and neither of them show on the other i.e. they aren't syncing

I will have to check my other machines at home later but if you could answer my query above that may be helpful

• Tom Hodgson
    Tom Hodgson
    Community Member
    Options

Since updating this all appears to be running fine now, nice work guys :-)

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Tom Hodgson

I'm so glad to hear that you're back up and syncing!

Since this issue is nicely sorted out now, I'll close this thread, but if you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to open a new thread, or email us directly at support@agilebits.com - we're here for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.