Can I get into my 1Password data without having it installed on other computers [Yes, mobile app]

Options
cwork
cwork
Community Member
edited October 2014 in Mac

If I set my passwords to things like "k*a1khafd%", then go to like the library, or some other place that doesn't have 1Password, can I still login to my sites?

Comments

• ScottK83
    ScottK83
    Community Member
    Options

Yes. I do this all the time (well, log in at a work computer, that is). You'll have two options:

1) Open the 1Password app (now free) on your iPhone or iPad, type in your master password, and then find the password for the site you are looking for. In this case you'll have to manually type it into the library computer.

2) If you choose to sync with Dropbox, you'll have the option of 1PasswordAnywhere. For this you will need to login to your Dropbox (so make sure that is a password that you know by heart). Then, find the 1Password folder on Dropbox and from there you'll be able to access a web version of your 1Password data. Then, just copy and paste the password. (Just make sure to copy some random text when you are done so your password isn't stored in the clipboard.) Sounds hard but isn't actually.

Now I'm just waiting for 1PasswordAnywhere to be updated for iCloud Drive.

• Hi guys,

@cwork, Scott's answer is very helpful and that's how people generally get into sites without 1Password, either their smartphone or 1PasswordAnywhere.

@ScottK83:

Now I'm just waiting for 1PasswordAnywhere to be updated for iCloud Drive.

iCloud Drive doesn't have the ability to run websites like 1PasswordAnywhere on iCloud.com, it forces you to download your whole data file onto the local computer, which is not a good idea as you don't want to leave any traces on untrusted computers.

With that in mind, you can use 1Password's Folder Sync to put the data file on a USB stick you can carry with you but you run into the issues with web browsers not supporting local Javascript files, especially from USB sticks.

This discussion has been closed.