iCloud sync: where is the data?

Options
whiteshadoww
whiteshadoww
Community Member

Why is the move from dropbox as a backup to iCloud proving to be so difficult? I have the Mac app store version on 1password on 10.10 with iOS 8.02. Everything is enabled and seems to work yet I cannot find the data (the agile keychain) anywhere on iCould drive. What give?

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

I remember reading in these forums that the sync isn't using iCloud Drive. It's using something called CloudKit, which is not the same thing. So it isn't a surprise that you don't see the data on iCloud Drive. Unfortunately, I don't know where you go to find the data in the cloud.

Sorry I don't have a more technical answer for you. I presume you are successfully syncing among your devices.

• whiteshadoww
    whiteshadoww
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. The useful part of dropbox, in addition to having a cloud backup, was logging into the dropbox account from a remote computer and gaining access to all the date in 1password. I wonder if that actual access to the 1password.agilekeychain will be the same with iCloud.

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

I know for sure that 1PasswordAnywhere only works if you use Dropbox. It's never been available to iCloud users. There have been lots of requests to bring it to iCloud. They've often accompanied requests to allow other cloud sync solutions. AgileBits folks always answer that this is under consideration. I guess (but it's really just a guess) that bringing 1PasswordAnywhere to iCloud isn't trivial.

• Hello,

@hawkmoth is correct in stating that 1Password 5's iCloud sync does not use iCloud Drive, but instead uses CloudKit. When using iCloud Sync with 1Password 5, the equivalent of Dropbox sync's agilekeychain is not available to you as a user (not because we don't want to, but because it works very differently).

I hope this helps clarify things.

Rick Fillion

This discussion has been closed.