Cannot Sync 1Password5 on Mac with iOS : Not accepting master password

Options
esgrossman
esgrossman
Community Member
edited October 2014 in Mac

It does not accept my master password when asked to merge files.

Comments

• scooter133
    scooter133
    Community Member
    Options

I remember reading that there was an issue with Master Passwords and where the data was stored. That if the Data was initially stored in DropBox on the Mac, then you had an iOS version, an they happened to have Different sort you changed the Password. The Old Password might be stuck in the data file. So if you were using DropBox and you changed the Password on the Mac Or iOS, try the old password when you go to do the Sync with iCloud.

• I'm sorry to hear that you're having that problem, @esgrossman‌. Let me see if I can try to explain what's likely going on...

You created your vault on the first device (let's say it's an iOS device), then setup sync with a service. The sync'ed vault gets the same password as the original master password that was used on this device (this happens automatically).

Then on another device, say your Mac, you try to sync a vault with this same service. It'll want to merge the two vaults, and to be able to do this it needs the password that the vault was originally created with using the first device.

I hope this clears things up.

This discussion has been closed.