difficult to edit smart folders with a long list of rules in 1Password 5

Options
chongo
chongo
Community Member

Hello,

We have a few smart folders where the rule list is somewhat long: along enough to not fit in the screen. It becomes extremely difficult in 1Password 5 to edit a smart folder rule list that is too tall for the monitor.

Please add a scroll bar when the rule list is too tall to display in the window.

Thanks!

Comments

• rickfillion
    edited October 2014
    Options

Hi @chongo,

You're right, when the rule list is longer, this can create a real problem. I've filed a case in our bug tracker about this, and we'll see if we can't get this working better in a future release.

Thanks for writing in, we really appreciate it.

Rick

ref: OPM-2475

• chongo
    chongo
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks.

Yes, we have some smart folders that have a reasonably long set of rules.

BTW: If we had conditions such as "does not begin with", "does not end with", "does not contain" then we would not have to use as many "None" groups where we have to place a "begin with" rule.

I.e., instead of writing

None of the following are true

Notes "begin with" foo

we could just write:

Notes "does not begin with" foo

And some of our smart folder rule lists would be shorter.

chongo

• Rad
    Rad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @chongo‌,

Thanks for the suggestion :+1:

I think that this a separate issue. I think that we could improve our search options too and also address the layout issue on smaller displays.

I'll file an internal issue to improve the search options' predicates.

Thanks,

Rad

ref: OPM-2607

• chongo
    chongo
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Rad,

Sorry .. it was a only slightly related and mostly separate issue. I should have been more clear: those "does not" ideas would have shortened our rulesets and we would have run into the scrolling issue less often.

Thanks for internal issue to improve the search option predicates!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @chongo,

Thanks so much for clarifying! We'll do what we can to improve Smart Folder options for you - sounds like you might have some genius-level folders set up there. :)

This discussion has been closed.