1password fails to login

Options
lasleyma
lasleyma
Community Member

I find on many old sites what is stored in 1password fails to login. Yet if I copy the user name and copy the password from what is stored in 1 password and paste it in manually, it works and logs in. I think perhaps the sites have changed their page? However, 1password still shows me that I have a password for the page . it just doesn't work.
Sometimes the site gives me an alternate login page and that one works.

What is my problem? Is there any way to tell 1password, this is the new login page and resync the stored passwords to the page. I know I could probably do this by deleting the entry, and then logging on to the new page. 1password would then capture it correctly. And I have done this at times. But I cannot remember the password without writing a lot a information down and re-establishing this.

This problem is either due to changes made on the login page or due to the multiple upgrades of 1password. Somewhere along the way I now have may passwords that are correct but will not log on to the page.

An example is the www.mycokerewards.com page.

Comments

• Rad
    Rad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @lasleyma‌,

Thank you for taking the time to write to us :+1:

I just created a "fake"(dummy) Login for www.mycokerewards.com and 1Password filled the fields as expected.

Does this occur with all Logins or only certain Logins? If the problem happens only on some sites, then your initial suspicion (the sites have changed their page) is correct.

If this is the case you need to manually re-save the Login(s) in question. Please refer to the Saving a Login manually article from our Knowledge Base for more details.

Please let us know how did it go :smiley:

Cheers!

Rad

• lasleyma
    lasleyma
    Community Member
    Options

Answer: Just some sites. I would expect what you did to work. The instructions you linked to just tell me to reenter manually the login and password and restore it under a different name. I would expect that to work also. Then I have to delete the one that does not work

My question was posted to see if I could somehow use the user and password that is already stored to update the login for that site. Thus saving the reentry, having to get the password from the old entry and storing it in a new one.
    If this is the only way, then I have my question answered. I will just need to do them all manually.
    Also, I am left wondering what caused it not to work in the first place.

• Rad
    Rad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @lasleyma‌,

Thanks for replying so quickly :smile:

The quickest way to manually re-save a new Login is copy/pasting the username and password from the old one (the one which doesn't work) into the form field on the website. Please make sure that the newly saved Login fills correctly before deleting the old login.

The problem is most likely caused by website forms changing with time. We try our best to keep up with all sites but sometimes they change too much and too quickly.

Before starting to manually save all Logins that don't work, please download the latest version of the Browser Extension from here which came out a few hours ago, restart your Browser and see whether filling works.

I hope that this helps.

Best,

Rad

This discussion has been closed.