1PW for 4 Mac's License, can't seem to register.

Options
Koisan
Koisan
Community Member

When I upgraded to Yosemite, 1Password fell off my menu bar. Downloaded it again and boom, all my vaults were there. Very cool!

But now when I try and add the license, nothing seems to happen. I still keep getting the "use it for 30 days" message.

Comments

• Hi @Koisan,

That's no good, sorry to hear it wasn't as painless as it should have been. Can you describe how you're trying to add the license? Via the License window? Double clicking the license file? Clicking a link in the email? (there are probably 7 other ways of triggering that code that I'm not thinking of)

I assume that this is a license for 1Password 4? (which should work just fine to activate 1Password 5). Are you getting any error messages at all? Can you check the console logs? (if you need a hand with that let me know and I can get you instructions for how to do so).

Rick

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Koisan,

Did you originally purchase 1Password from the Mac App Store or the webstore? If you purchased 1Password from the Mac App Store, but downloaded directly from our website, that would explain the trial message - as your license is for the Mac App Store version, not the webstore version.

However, if you did purchase from the webstore let's try this:

• Re-add your license file to 1Password
    • Click the 1Password menu, hold down the Control key, and select Quit 1Password and 1Password mini.
    • Restart the Mac.
    • Relaunch 1Password.

Please let me know if that helps! :)

This discussion has been closed.