My MAC doesn't allow me anymore to logon...

Options
Klaus Kresnik
Klaus Kresnik
Community Member

Hi,

I'm using a corporate machine with a lot of security software installed on it.
After upgrading to Yosemite it doesn't allow me anymore to logon that means I get stuck at the corporate message window before the logon.
Looks like the screen is totally out of sync and I can't find the accept button anymore.
I have a two weeks old backup but I was on a two weeks business trip and the data created I can't lose.
I know it's my fault that I upgraded without having an actual backup. Stupid beginners mistake.

I thought to clone my hard disk so that I have all the data created during the business trip and then revert to my backup and transfer then the new data from the clone disk back to my machine.

The questions is how do it get 1Password working again?
I know download 1Password, install it, license, etc. but how do I get the database connected again.
Which files do I have to restore?

Thanks for your help?

Kind regards,
Klaus

Comments

• @kgk Before things went awry, were you using the Mac App Store version of 1Password, or the direct? You mentioned a license, so that leads me to think direct, but I want to make sure, as it makes a difference in what needs to be done.

• Klaus Kresnik
    Klaus Kresnik
    Community Member
    Options

I'm using the direct one.

• @Klaus Kresnik‌ You will need to look for in the user folder and get to Application Support.

~/Library/Application Support/ where the tilde is your user folder. Note that if you use the Finder's Go menu and the Go to Folder prompt, you can type a tilde as a shortcut for your user folder.

Once in Application Support, look for a folder named 1Password 4, and in it you should see items for Backups and Data. Let me know if you find that.

This discussion has been closed.