Google Docs site gives an error alert when 1Password Safari extension is enabled

Options
ezaritov
ezaritov
Community Member

Hi, something strange is happening - not sure if it's just 1Password or any Safari extension. When I try to open almost any Google Document, it cannot and I see alert box saying that error has happened. See screenshot of the alert - https://www.dropbox.com/s/cemiolabf6rj4e0/Screenshot 2014-10-28 10.03.25.png?dl=0

If I disable 1Password Safari extension, it opens just fine.

Google Chrome opens the same document just fine.

Any clues?

Comments

• Rad
    Rad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ezaritov‌,

Thanks for reporting this issue to us :smiley:

The 1Password Safari extension needs to communicate with 1Password mini. Do you have a firewall or other Safari extension blocking or interfering with connections to local host?

What happens if you restart Safari? How about if you reboot your Mac?

Am I right to assume that you are using 1Password 5 for Mac with version 4.2.5 of the Safari extension on OS X Yosemite?

I look forward to your reply :wink:

Rad

• ezaritov
    ezaritov
    Community Member
    Options

No blocking. But it doesn't look as 1Password issue - any other extension does the same thing. It's only when I switch of all the extensions, it works. So, probably nothing you can do, but thanks for your attention

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ezaritov‌

Thanks so much for testing that out. If other extensions are showing the same behaviour, there might be something wonky going on outside of 1Password. Keep an eye on things though, and if it does look like our extension is the one causing the trouble, do let us know and we'll investigate further! :)

This discussion has been closed.