Problem using previous logins

Since I installed the latest version of 1Password I have been unable to login on my Royal Bank sites. I have four RBC sites. When I go to login 1Password uses the username and password from the first site for all the RBC logins. How do I fix this???

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Have you tried enabling the Lenient URL matching option on the Logins tab of 1Password preferences in the main program?

• georgegolesic
    georgegolesic
    Community Member

I went into preferences and then to logins. There isn"t a Lenient matching option present. All 3 boxes are enabled. ???

• J.M
    J.M
    Community Member
    edited October 2014

Hello @georgegolesic‌,

Here's a capture to help you locate the option ;) .

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

@J.M, thanks for posting the excellent screenshot! :smile:

@georgegolesic, please let us know if that helps to solve the problem. Thanks!

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

@georgegolesic‌, are you using 1Password 4 for Windows or 1Password 1 for Windows?

I ask because the Lenient URL matching option isn't a feature of the older version.

• J.M
    J.M
    Community Member

@Drew_AG‌ No problem, Screenpresso is a very nice tool to make annotated screenshots like this one :)

@DBrown‌ Cold be the case indeed, that was my thought too.

• georgegolesic
    georgegolesic
    Community Member
    edited October 2014

The screen shot was great but does not apply to my 1Password. Still unable to use logins like I used to. On my RBC sites I have to do everything manually. Need Help!!

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

The screen shot ... does not apply to my 1Password.

So, what version of 1Password are you using, @georgegolesic‌?

• georgegolesic
    georgegolesic
    Community Member

1 Password 1.0.9.342

• J.M
    J.M
    Community Member

Okay @georgegolesic‌, you're indeed using 1 Password 1 which is the first version released for Windows. The latest version is 1Password 4.1.

If you bought 1Password in 2012, the upgrade to 1Password 4 will cost you $24.99. If you bought it in 2013 or 2014, it will be free.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

...and in the version 1 series, nothing has been changed in many months, so I assume new behavior is related to the RBC sites, themselves.

That said, if you have specific issues we can identify, we'll do what we can to help.

• georgegolesic
    georgegolesic
    Community Member

Hello and thanks for your help. I have installed 1Password 4.1.0.526. I went into preferences>logins checked Lenient URL. Same problem persists. When I select an RBC site the sign page comes up with the wrong username and password. I have to manually delete and can only enter manually. I was previously able to simply login with auto type.
    I can try checking with RBC and see if they are experiencing sign problems. Any other suggestions?? System used to work so well it made all financial transactions so simple.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

At the RBC login page, please try the steps in the Saving a Login manually article in the 1Password 4 for Windows knowledgebase.

Then refresh the RBC login page in your browser, and press Ctrl+\ to see whether the new Login item works as expected.

• georgegolesic
    georgegolesic
    Community Member

That worked. Thanks again.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

That’s great news, @georgegolesic—thanks for letting us know!

This discussion has been closed.