(null) Vault 1password 5

Options
Jaems
Jaems
Community Member

Hello to all. I am getting a null vault message on 1password 5 browser extension for Safari 8.0. I have a Primary Vault with my logins located in the main application. Does anyone have any ideas that might help?

Kind regards,
James

Comments

• Hi @Jaems,

I'm sorry that the extension is giving you issues. There's a couple things that we should try, and additional pieces of information that I'd like to ask for that would help me diagnose the issue.

Can you show us a screenshot of the message you're seeing? I assume it's in the mini window when it comes up when you hit cmd-\? If it's that, then the good news is that the browser extension is probably working just fine. That window isn't actually part of the browser extension, it's the mini. The browser extension just asks it to show its window and gives it information about the webpage you're looking at.

Can you verify that you only have 1 instance of "1Password mini" running? To do that:

• Launch Activity Monitor from /Applications/Utilities
    • In the search field in the top right, search for "1Password mini"
    • If there's more than 1 that shows up in the list, that's more than likely the cause for problems.

If you have multiple minis running, the next step would be to ensure that that doesn't happen. Use Spotlight to search for "1Password" and make sure that your system is only finding a single instance of 1Password. It should be living in /Applications. All others should be safe to delete (deleting the application itself does not delete your data, your data folders themselves shouldn't show up in Spotlight searches). Once they're deleted, empty the trash, and reboot.

Assuming the problem is still happening, I have another test I'd like you to run:

• In 1Password's preferences, under General, make sure that the two top checkboxes are checked, the one to keep 1Password mini running, and to have the mini's app icon in the menu bar.
    • If you click the mini's menu icon to show the mini, do you have the same problems there?

I hope this helps. I look forward to hearing back from you.

Rick

This discussion has been closed.