Purchase Direct No Synch?

Options
rextilleon
rextilleon
Community Member

I'm a bit upset that I purchased 1Password for my Imac from Agile Bits and can't synch it to my Iphone. The reason is, I didn't purchase from the Apple App Store.? I do wish I knew this before I purchased the product, or I would have purchased it directly from Apple. Is there any work around and if not, do you think I can get a refund from Agile so that I can buy the correct version directly from Apple. By the way, I'm Yosemite and IOs8 so that's not the problem Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

If you bought less than 30 days ago, you can certainly get a refund. It may be a bit slow because there are a large number of support requests since the recent updates, but you will get it.

Unfortunately, due to restrictions by Apple, you can use iCloud sync only if you buy from the App Store. You can sync using Dropbox (and some other methods) with the version bought from AgileBits. There are pros and cons when comparing iCloud and Dropbox syncing, and you have to decide what you prefer.

• rextilleon
    rextilleon
    Community Member
    Options

Dont use Dropbox so its irrelevant to me. It would probably be a good practice to make sure that those who purchase from the Agile store are told in large bold fonts that it won't work with Icloud. Could have saved a lot of aggravation.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @rextilleon‌ Purchasing directly from AgileBits doesn't mean you can't sync to your phone but the webstore version does mean iCloud sync is unavailable. Dropbox and WiFi sync are both still quite functional. iCloud sync used to work but Apple has decided to enforce restrictions on who can use it, a post by Dave Teare best covers the situation.

Now if only iCloud sync will do (we have customers loyal to each form of sync possibly to the point of quoting Charlton Heston) then a refund can be done. Let us know how you wish to proceed, would you like to investigate Dropbox or are you an iCloud or nothing kind of person?

This discussion has been closed.