Improvement desperately needed

Options
dffs
dffs
Community Member

Consider, for ex., the login page for accessing a Bank of America account. It's a two-step process. First it asks you for your special login name, and then for your password. 1Password can't handle this because it is only equipped to handle single-step logins. Easiest fix would be to add a Notes field in which extra information can be recorded.This would mean the user would have to log in manually rather than simply clicking the link in the iPassword entry, but at least the necessary information would be stored in a secure place. At one point I forgot the damn login name just because 1Password couldn't help me remember it.

Comments

• teamnoir
    teamnoir
    Community Member
    Options

You can treat the two different pages as two different logins if there's a way to recognize them from the address line. It takes two keystrokes rather than one, but you can do it in many cases.

If the multiple steps are all done in javascript or basic authentication, then you're stuck.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2014
    Options

Hi @dffs‌ I'm going to link you to the guide for creating multi-page logins. Essentially you create a login for each page. Now I have seen some multi-page logins where a single login entry will suffice but banks are usually pretty tough to work with. I'm also going to link you to saving a login manually, one of the best tips I discovered after I joined the forums.

In general login items are pretty configurable with custom fields possible. I use them for storing all sorts of stuff such as unique email addresses for a particular company (where email address and username are different), security questions where I change the field to a password one so the answer is blanked out and so on. Anything that doesn't fit into them you can also store in its notes field.

This discussion has been closed.