Is new iCloud syncing working well?

Options
mikebore
mikebore
Community Member
edited November 2014 in Mac

I started using 1P with Dropbox and it was rock solid for a long time. Then when iCloud syncing first became available, I started using it. Most of the time it worked well, but every couple of months I had syncing problems, mostly on the iDevices, and I came to regard iCloud sync as "high maintenance". I switched to the webstore version and Dropbox, which has been rock solid, also meant I could be part of the beta program.

Now we have new cloudkit syncing method and I am tempted to go back to the MAS and iCloud syncing again (even though I would have to leave the beta).

Looking for user experience with the new cloudkit based iCloud syncing, including syncing the iDevices.

Thanks

PS The other reason I switched back from MAS to Web versions was that there was a period where the updates to the MAS were well behind the updates to Webstore version. I know there is an Apple approval delay, but in the period I mention Agile withdrew versions from the approval queue to wait for the next one. I think this has improved?

Comments

• Ben
    Options

If it is working, why change? "If it ain't broke, fix it til it is"? Heh. In all seriousness, I and most of the rest of the Agile team are using Dropbox.

I know there is an Apple approval delay, but in the period I mention Agile withdrew versions from the approval queue to wait for the next one.

I am only aware of one instance where that happened. Of course the MAS version will always be at least slightly behind the web store version.

• mikebore
    mikebore
    Community Member
    Options

Wise words! Thanks

• On behalf of bwoodruff, you're welcome.

And for what it's worth, I personally use iCloud sync and it has been solid for me so far. :)

Please let us know if you have any other questions!

• DTM
    DTM
    Community Member
    Options

Many year user of 1PW. I went to iCloud sync (from Dropbox) with Yosemite. I have two Mac's, iPhone and iPad Mini - all with same appleID - all using 1PW and sync perfectly. And the updates are very quick too.

• Jasper
    edited November 2014
    Options

Awesome, I'm glad to hear our new iCloud sync is working perfectly for you! :)

This discussion has been closed.