Shared computers but separate Dropbox accounts

Options
kshandera
kshandera
Community Member

Hello,
My husband and I share two desktop and one laptop computer in addition to our phones. However, we have separate Dropbox accounts. Is it possible to share the primary One Password vault through Dropbox or do I have to set up a secondary vault specifically for sharing?

Thank yoiu

Comments

• Hi @kshandera‌,

If I'm understanding your setup correctly, it should be be possible. The one thing you'll need is a Shared Dropbox Folder which is as easy as creating a folder in dropbox, right clicking, and choosing "Share this Folder..." so that both user accounts have access to the same folder. Then in 1Password you would simply choose that folder to use for Dropbox Sync. I can't think of a reason why this wouldn't work with primary vaults if you're wanting both you and your husband to have access to all of the same passwords. If you want to keep some things separate, then secondary vaults would be the way to go.

I hope this helps.

Rick

• kshandera
    kshandera
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you. I, too, thought it should be possible. I just didn't want to make a fatal error! Thanks again!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @kshandera‌

I'm so glad to hear that Rick was able to help get you sorted out here! If you hit any snags while setting this up, please let us know. :)

This discussion has been closed.