Autofill?

Options
msadesign
msadesign
Community Member

I've been using the trial version of 1Password and trying to decide on buying for the office or not. I like it – a lot – but have a question: I can't figure out how 1P can automatically fill in login/passwords for websites the way that Safari does? Is this possible?

Second, I made a slew of passwords for some FileMaker Pro files and can't figure out how to change categories from 'Passwords' to 'Logins'?

Thanks.

Comments

• Hi @msadesign,

I can't figure out how 1P can automatically fill in login/passwords for websites the way that Safari does? Is this possible?

Do you have the 1Password browser extension installed?

Installing browser extensions

Second, I made a slew of passwords for some FileMaker Pro files and can't figure out how to change categories from 'Passwords' to 'Logins'?

There should be a Convert to Login button in the Password items:

Please let us know if you have any other questions. We're always happy to help!

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

It's also worth noting that 1Password requires user action to fill in credentials. The easiest way to do that is to use the keyboard shortcut, CMD . Safari fills them without user action, other than to open the login page.

1Password requires active user intervention to make sure that someone without legitimate access to your machine can't use your credentials. If you're used to how the OS X keychain works, this take a little getting used to.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

I'm sure hawkmoth won't mind me clarifying that the keyboard shortcut to get 1P to fill a login in ⌘\ rather than cmd alone.

Stephen

• msadesign
    msadesign
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks both of you. I do have the extension installed but find that 1P keeps going to sleep…asking for the master password. Now is see that I can control that in preferences.

I will start a new thread for a different question.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the update. :)

This discussion has been closed.