1Password for Mac and Windows

Options
donadiomauro
donadiomauro
Community Member

Hi,

I can't find an answer to the following question.

I'd like to buy the "1Password Mac + Windows Bundle" from the Agilebits store and use the great family license option.
I know that the software is licensed per person and per platform, not per device.
So, buying "1Password Mac + Windows Bundle" I can use it on both platforms and on many devices (Macbook, iMac, Windows, iPad, iPhone, Android etc).

How does the "six family members living in the same household" work?
When I install 1P on a new macbook, for example, how can it understand if I'm a different family member or it's me again?
This because, I imagine, on the 6th family member the license is "used up".

So, how can 1P understand if I'm the 6th-family member license or I'm still the 1st-family member?

I wish it makes sense

Thank you,
Mauro

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @donadiomauro‌

I know licensing can get a bit confusing, so I'd be happy to help straighten things out here.

So, buying "1Password Mac + Windows Bundle" I can use it on both platforms and on many devices (Macbook, iMac, Windows, iPad, iPhone, Android etc).

The Mac + Windows bundle will cover your Macs and your Windows desktops, but the iOS and Android apps are separate purchases. Unfortunately, since iOS apps and Android apps are sold specifically through their own stores, there's no easy way to bundle up mobile purchases with the desktop versions of 1Password that we offer directly from our site. Luckily, both 1Password 5 for iOS and 1Password 4 for Android are available for free, with an in-app purchase to unlock some 'premium' features. If you only need read-only access to your data on your mobile devices, you might be perfectly happy with the free versions.

How does the "six family members living in the same household" work?

This license will allow six family members to install 1Password on all of the Macs + Windows machines that they currently use. We greatly respect privacy and do not monitor the installations. We're very generous with the license in that it is for six people under the same roof, but those six people may install on as many computers as they cumulatively own. We also believe that since you trust us to secure your data we can trust you to abide within the limits of six people under the same roof.

I hope this helps to explain things, but if you have any further questions, we're here to help!

• donadiomauro
    donadiomauro
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you Megan for the explanation that I found very exhaustive.

For me is not a problem to have a read only version of 1Password on my mobile device.

Also, I'm happy to have the possibility use 1Password as a family license.
    I've currently bought the double "Macs + Windows" and I'm really happy about that, mainly because it's a good well integrated software that deserves to be bought.

Thank you

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @donadiomauro‌

I'm glad my post was exhaustive ... and not exhausting! ;)

Thanks so much for your support of 1Password - we really appreciate it! If you have any further questions or concerns, you know where to find us.

This discussion has been closed.