2 separate vaults for work and home?

Options
shamguy4
shamguy4
Community Member

Hi, I'm new to 1password.
If i want to use 1password at work and at home and keep them separate who should I do that?
just make 2 separate primary vaults and use them completely separately on the computers?

Or use a primary and secondary?
I also noticed there is no way to edit a secondary or change its color or anything....

Comments

• Rad
    Rad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @shamguy4‌,

Thanks for taking the time to write to us :+1:

Personally I use my Personal vault as the primary vault and my Work vault as a secondary vault. You can choose either way. However, please note that once you set up your vaults you cannot switch them. Meaning that a primary vault cannot become secondary or the other way around.

make 2 separate primary vaults and use them completely separately on the computers?

This is an option too, but it's less convenient because you need to physically switch computers to access you data. 1Password is designed for the primary + secondary situation.

I also noticed there is no way to edit a secondary or change its color or anything

Currently there is no easy way to "edit" a vault. We have an issue opened in our issue tracker and we are debating the best way to implement it.

For more information, we strongly suggest that you refer to the Multiple Vaults article from our User Guides.

Hope that this helps.

Cheers!

Rad

This discussion has been closed.