Credit Card filling issues on multiple sites [emailed details, passed along to developers]

Options
sjk
sjk
1Password Alumni
edited November 2014 in Mac

Comments

• Gregs
    Gregs
    Community Member
    Options

Hello, what is the best place to report sites that credit card doesn't get filled in properly? It's tricky for some sites, as they require valid logon before filling in the details... but I keep hitting a few sites on a regular basis, where I have to use copy and paste as the browser plugin enters the details incorrectly.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Gregs‌

Our development team is working on improving credit card filling overall. These changes should help filling credit card data across the board.

• Gregs
    Gregs
    Community Member
    Options

That's great to hear. I was hanging out for the version 4 release hoping that these issues would be ironed out.

There are many issues like some sites ask for first and last name separately, credit card numbers split into 5 fields, and also expiry year sometimes goes in 4 digits into 2 digit fields. So I'm looking forward to improvements.

I appreciate though, that sites taking the payments are not uniform, and that's why we're having these problems. A streamlined way of reporting them back to you could be helpful (?)...

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Gregs,

The complexity of the form fields on credit card sites (as you describe) are one of the big challenges facing our development team. Since each form is unique, our filling has to work in an infinite number of scenarios. And we haven't quite managed to make it to infinity yet. ;)

I'll let our developers know you're keen on a simple way to report sites. For now, emailing the site's URL in to support@agilebits.com or simply posting here in the forums will help a lot.

• Gregs
    Gregs
    Community Member
    Options

ok. would it be more helpful to send the URL as well as the HTML page itself, as some sites require a complicated amount of registrations and logins before getting to the payment page?

Or perhaps a suggestion - include an option to "report this page" that doesn't get filled in properly to developers in the browser plugin itself, and that would save the HTML page and URL and send to the development, meaning that they don't have waste time trying to get to that page?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Gregs,

For the time being, sending an email with the URL and the HTML is likely the best way to report the site. You're right - getting to that payment screen often requires a few hoops!

As for the 'Report this page' option - it sounds like a pretty great idea. I'll be sure to pass it along to our developers! :)

• Gregs
    Gregs
    Community Member
    Options

Hello @‌Megan

I just sent email with the details to support@agilebits.com

thank you!

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2014
    Options

Hi @Gregs,

Your email with those details has arrived. We appreciate you sending that in and will make sure it reaches our developers. Thanks!

ref: MXA-44567-995, OPX-92

This discussion has been closed.