Dropbox Sync

Steinthal
Steinthal
Community Member
edited January 2011 in iOS
Today I noticed that my passwords on Mac, iPhone, and iPad weren't in sync. iPone and iPad showed "Dropbox sync failed to obtain list of remote data objects." The Mac version of 1P showed that the keychain was last synched 13 days ago.
After some fiddling on the Mac, the keychain on dropbox was updated. IPhone and iPad did an automatic sync. Out of curiosity I tapped "Sync Now" — and get now again the above stated message.

Reading all the recent entries about dropbox weirdness and issues it looks to me as if dropbox changed something on their side. Any suggestions how to get dropbox sync reliable again?

Comments

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited January 2011
    Steinthal wrote:

Today I noticed that my passwords on Mac, iPhone, and iPad weren't in sync. iPone and iPad showed "Dropbox sync failed to obtain list of remote data objects." The Mac version of 1P showed that the keychain was last synched 13 days ago.
    After some fiddling on the Mac, the keychain on dropbox was updated. IPhone and iPad did an automatic sync. Out of curiosity I tapped "Sync Now" — and get now again the above stated message.

Reading all the recent entries about dropbox weirdness and issues it looks to me as if dropbox changed something on their side. Any suggestions how to get dropbox sync reliable again?

I would agree DB most likely changed something, but I have seen no issues like this my self other than the strange thing when using an airport extreme w firmware 7.5.2 I had to roll back to 7.4.2 to get my sync to work reliably.
    If tis the iPhone or iPad w 3G access then switch over to it and see if the sync occurs.

Edit:
    I have had this problem while traveling using various hotspots and or motel / hotel wifi and always switch to 3G and the sync goes through without a hitch.
  • Steinthal wrote:

Any suggestions how to get dropbox sync reliable again?

Try resetting your Dropbox sync settings. I don't know if that will help, since I've not had this problem myself, but it won't hurt to try.
  • Steinthal
    Steinthal
    Community Member
    thightower wrote:

I would agree DB most likely changed something, but I have seen no issues like this my self other than the strange thing when using an airport extreme w firmware 7.5.2 I had to roll back to 7.4.2 to get my sync to work reliably.
    If tis the iPhone or iPad w 3G access then switch over to it and see if the sync occurs.

Edit:
    I have had this problem while traveling using various hotspots and or motel / hotel wifi and always switch to 3G and the sync goes through without a hitch.

Thanks for the reply, Thightower. I checked and saw that I updated my TimeCapsule to 7.5.2, too. Well, I switched to 3G on my iPhone and it synched w/o problem. I then checked the iPad and it synched via wifi, also w/o problems. Then I switched the iPhone back to wifi -- it synched w/o problem. Even tapping on "Sync Now" worked.

So, I need to keep in mind to switch every now and then to 3G ;-)
  • Steinthal
    Steinthal
    Community Member
    edited January 2011
    RobYoder wrote:

Try resetting your Dropbox sync settings. I don't know if that will help, since I've not had this problem myself, but it won't hurt to try.

Rob, I saw some of your screenshots in another thread depicting how to reset sync settings. However, I don't have a reset button in "Settings -> Sync". (I use 1Password pro 3.5.4 on iPhone and iPad).
    As wrote in my reply to Thightower, synching now works and I don't need to reset my sync settings, so I'm just curious how to reset the settings -- just in case.

Edit: I just checked the screenshots again and found the reset button.
  • Steinthal wrote:

Edit: I just checked the screenshots again and found the reset button.

Great! Sorry for the confusion.
This discussion has been closed.