1Password 5 for Mac not syncing with 1Password 5 for iOS

Options
theitman
theitman
Community Member

running Yosemite 10.10 on the Mac and iOS 8 on the iPhone 5s

syncing to the iPhone stopped working when I upgraded to 1Password 5 on the Mac (purchased from AgileBits)

How to restore the sync?

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

How are you trying to sync?

Stephen

• Hi @theitman,

Sorry to hear about the trouble! Like Stephen mentioned, please let us know which type of sync you're using — iCloud, Dropbox, or Wi-Fi?

Thanks in advance for the additional info!

• theitman
    theitman
    Community Member
    Options

trying to use iCloud

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

The AgileBits store version of 1P5 does not support iCloud sync. You need the the Mac App Store version for that. Of course, you can still use either Dropbox or (as I do) local wifi to sync your 1P data between devices. See here for the iCloud FAQ.

Stephen

• I hope the iCloud FAQ @Stephen_C linked helped answer some of your questions. As Stephen mentioned, Dropbox sync will still do the job. I'd be happy to help you transition to Dropbox sync. It's also my preferred sync method.

• theitman
    theitman
    Community Member
    Options

yes I could use the help.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

There is a knowledge base article on switching to Dropbox which will help you but please post again if you have any problems during the process of switching. Before you start the procedure I strongly recommend making a backup on the Mac (1P5 > Preferences > Backup and click on Backup Now).

Stephen

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @theitman,

I hope that switching to Dropbox goes smoothly for you, but if you have any questions or hit any snags, we're here to help!

This discussion has been closed.