Newly installed 1password won't open vault in dropbox to setup.

Options
bukkalevy
bukkalevy
Community Member

I click "I've used 1password before". "Where is my data" = dropbox. "Choose Vault".
Regardless of what I highlight or click on from here it will not open; the open button highlights but does not click through.

Am I missing something or is there a glitch?

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @bukkalevy‌

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with 1Password. Could you provide a bit more information for us here?

• Which platform are you using 1Password on?
    • What is the version number of the operating system you're using, as well as the version number of 1Password?
    • Are you seeing any error messages? I'd love to see a screenshot of what you're seeing. To include it in your reply, simply click the document button in the top of the comment field, and select the file you wish to share:

• bukkalevy
    bukkalevy
    Community Member
    Options
  • bukkalevy
    bukkalevy
    Community Member
    Options

Mac 10.9.5 , 1password4

• bukkalevy
    bukkalevy
    Community Member
    edited January 2015
    Options

I hope that helps. I can't seem to put the pic in the window. Thanks for looking at this.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@bukkalevy‌ I've moved your thread from the Lounge to the 1P for Mac forum because you're going to get more help here.

@Megan this is just to alert you to the fact the thread has been moved.

Stephen

• bukkalevy
    bukkalevy
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you. UPDATE: My 1password version is 4.4.3

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @bukkalevy,

Thanks so much for including that screenshot, it gives me a perfect idea of where things are getting tangled up. It appears you're trying to restore from a backup, which is a zipped version of the keychain file that you need. Once you unzip the file 1Password should be able to read it properly.

Please let me know if this helps!

• bukkalevy
    bukkalevy
    Community Member
    Options

It does not, as far as I can tell. I had already unzipped it. It won't open the unzipped file folder, any of the sub-folders, nor any of the un-zipped files individually. omg.

• bukkalevy
    bukkalevy
    Community Member
    Options

Is there a specific file it's looking for? All the individual files that unzipped are .1password

• Jasper
    edited January 2015
    Options

Hi @bukkalevy,

Could you please give this a try:

• Take the latest .agilekeychain_zip file, and drag it to your desktop.
    • Rename it to 1Password.agilekeychain.zip.
    • Double click it to unzip it and you will now have 1Password.agilekeychain.
    • You'll be able to select the 1Password.agilekeychain package when setting up 1Password 5.

Please let us know if that works. :)

• bukkalevy
    bukkalevy
    Community Member
    Options

That did it! Thank you so much. I'm curious why that was neccessary, but really just glad I'm back in business.

• You're welcome, @bukkalevy! I'm glad that helped. :)

The .agilekeychain_zip backup files are from 1Password 3, and are not the same backup/restore format used by 1Password 5. That's why there's extra steps involved.

This discussion has been closed.