Password wiped if device screen lock activated before saving

Options
peterkzswe
peterkzswe
Community Member

Hi! I created a new login in the Android app and wanted to type in the generated password in the browser on my computer. While typing my device screen lock was activated before I saved the 1password login item.

Unlocking the screen shows a blank login item so there is no way to retrieve the password I specified.

I had expected to return to the item I was working on in 1Password.

1Password App version 4.1.6, Device: Nexus 5/Lollipop 5.0.1

Comments

• saad
    Options

Hey @peterkzswe‌. Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. This is actually the designed behaviour of 1Password on Android. We clear the values in the unsaved item as a security precaution when you switch away from 1Password or, like in this case, when your device is gone to sleep. However, I do understand the inconvenience this brings and I will inform our developers to see if we can improve further in this scenario.

Thanks. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member
    Options

@saad in my opinion there is no need for such security measures while the vault is unlocked. Clear the unsaved data when the vault is locked but other than that, it should be retained.

• saad
    Options

@RichardPayne‌ I do like that approach, it makes sense. I'll bring up that suggestion as well.

This discussion has been closed.