Editing notes

Options
Mmbmha
Mmbmha
Community Member

I have a problem with editing notes that bigger than one page, i can't edit any thing at the top of that page is any one having this problem :|

Comments

• We are seeing an issue where it is difficult to scroll the entire item, thus you can not get to the top of the page. Try touching at the very left side of the screen and see if you can scroll the page then.

Let me know if that works.

• suzybear
    suzybear
    Community Member
    Options

I am experiencing the same problem. Tried scrolling on the left and it works for me!
    Thanks!!

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the update!

• Flamingo
    Flamingo
    Community Member
    Options

when I scroll from the left and then try to select a section to edit it sends me to the bottom of the page but I'm still unable to edit the text.

• mosca
    mosca
    Community Member
    Options

This is an incredible issue. A the end you can edit the note following suggestion of hayesk (team member of agilebits) but every time you edit the note and press enter key the cursor moves to the end of the note.
    How is it possible. Is it a future or a bug. In any case this issue let the app totally unusable.
    If you look around this forum you'll find several customers' support requests deleted to this issue.

Unbelievable. We are all having a problem with an ordinary text field an not with a sophisticated abstruse functionality. Where is the support service? Unbelievable, totally and completely unbelievable especially if you consider that Note field is normally used in every kind record.

Best Regards
    Mosca

• hanq
    hanq
    Community Member
    Options

I have been having the same problem but I do find that scrolling on the left side does work with a few glitches. After scrolling to the text that I want to edit, the first time I try to select it I am sent down to the bottom of the page again. I can then scroll up on the left side to get back to where the cursor is and finish selecting it. Not an elegant solution. Hope it is fixed soon.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@hanq, @mosca & @Flamingo,

You're all correct, it's a bad bug and it shouldn't exist. We need to do better as it isn't the first time this has cropped up. I'm not a coder but I will ensure they're aware of just how frustrating this is and hopefully get this resolved. Now as I said I'm not a coder so I don't know exactly what the issue is, it might be something really awkward in iOS about certain objects being of an assumed size or who knows what but that's why we have smart developers, to handle all that craziness.

@mosca, you mentioned requests being deleted? We try to keep a hands-off approach as possible in the forums, we try not to delete or edit unless necessary because we don't want you to feel like you're being censored. Is it possible that's a typo?

ref: OPI-2268

• PuppyPower
    PuppyPower
    Community Member
    Options

As an avid user of your otherwise incredible product, since version 5.2, I have not been able to select individual data within 'Secure Notes' without pressing 'Edit' first.

The problem then worsens considerably by forcing me to have to select 'Edit' to be able to select individual data but then not allowing me to fully move up and down secure notes whilst in Edit mode, instead it gets stuck and bounces back and forth on-itself randomly in either direction.

How absolutely ridiculous.

Also on almost every occasion when pressing 'Edit' in the hope that it will work, it defaults to the bottom of the secure note and won't budge, instead choosing to bounce back and forth on trying to manoeuvre it.

When I then restart, quit, or log out and log back in again to reset 1Password the upper half of notes has to be pushed-up to allow the middle and lower part of the secure note to be seen when editing, then whilst I try to re-edit a note, it decides to push and scroll itself to the bottom of the secure note and won't allow me to move back up to the middle or top of the note, rather it just bounces back and forth once again on trying to move it as explained above.

What enticed me to post is that the issue has made me lose very important data recently within Secure Notes which has been as a direct result of the problem.

I have been a user for many years and I have come to rely heavily & extensively on 1Password which happens to be my number 1 most used application.

As a senior Technician I have been promoting 1Password with passion and belief to many of the hundreds of customers and colleagues I interact with on a weekly basis, however the loss of my data using an application which has otherwise always given me superb performance and has done everything I required of it, has now become a very disappointing, frustrating, time-consuming and most importantly, costly experience and one which if not resolved will only reflect in my experiences being expressed as they always have with all my customers and colleagues, with truth and integrity.

I hope you can resolve these unnecessary changes or bugs which have never been an issue historically on any version of iOS.

If I want to select individual data, be it words, numbers or characters of any kind without selecting 'Edit' first then I should be allowed to do so as I've always done (without having to 'copy' all as the only option). Furthermore, if I wish to Edit, I shouldn't have to fight with Secure Notes getting stuck on a section and then bouncing back and forth when trying to navigate. FIX IT AND FIX IT QUICK!!!!!

I do seriously urge you to address these issues as a high priority as I cannot use an application which is causing my data to be lost as a result of very poor editing functionality within the app itself. I can assure you this behaviour only exists within 1Password and not in any other application I use and it is not a hardware fault with the device or with multitouch.

FYI, I've also restored and setup my devices as new, yet the issue persists.

I look forward to a speedy resolve before I lose any more data as a result of the recent update.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @PuppyPower,

I've added your comments, specifically the strongly worded parts to the existing ticket. I've passed these comments on so that the devs understand your frustration which I know they will. I can't comment on the timespan though, that I simply do not know.

This discussion has been closed.