Sync 1Password Key file between Mac and Windows

Hi,

I have recently purchased the bundle package of 1Password for Mac + Windows. I have setup all my necessary logins on my Mac and I am able to sync them from Mac to all my iOS devices. However, I also have a Windows PC and I would like to share the same vaults / logins from Mac to Windows. I am using the 1Password key file from Mac ( which is of extn - .1p4_zip and when I place this file on the same location where I have my agilekeychains for Windows and try to import this file on to 1Password4 for my Windows system, it is not recognizing this file. I also tried to forcefully change the extension of this file - ".agilekeychain", but still it is not getting recognized. Could you please help me to sync this file so I dont need to create all these logins in Windows PC manually ???

Thanks

Comments

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

Please do not import your Mac backup on Windows. The preferred method of syncing your Vault is Dropbox. Other sync options are described here. Thanks!

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Thanks, @svondutch!

@roys1password, it's important to understand that the backup files serve a very useful purpose, they do not serve as a means of syncing your data. A backup file is a "snapshot" of your data, frozen at that moment. Copying it to another computer doesn't link the snapshot to your data. The correct way to do that, as @svondutch writes above, is through syncing.

This discussion has been closed.