'Copy' of Passport Terminates App

Options
SingleTrek
SingleTrek
Community Member

Hello,

I'm a new user, experienced developer and ruthless software tester and I found a crash bug in the IOS app.

When viewing a passport, I pressed on the top section and when the Copy ballon appears and is pressed on the app terminates.

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

When you say you press the top section, could you elaborate a bit. I'm trying to reproduce this on my iPad. If I open mine in the view mode, I can tap in any field and get the Copy balloon to appear. Those don't terminate 1Password on my iPad. And neither does tapping the Copy balloon itself after it appears. This is version 5 on iOS 8.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @SingleTrek,

Thanks for taking the time to report this! That's definitely a bug, and I apologize for the inconvenience. Our developers are aware of this issue and I believe it should be fixed in the next update, although I don't know when that will be available. For now, if you need to copy the title, you can go into Edit mode and copy it there.

@hawkmoth, this happens specifically when tapping the Title of an item and then tapping Copy. I don't think it happens with other fields, so perhaps that's why you couldn't reproduce it?

ref: OPI-2246

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited February 2015
    Options

@Drew_AG - No, that doesn't account for my not being able to reproduce it. But I'm using beta version 5.3 (503009). Maybe it's been fixed already.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@hawkmoth, that definitely explains it. This should be fixed in the update currently going through the approval process, which means it should also be in the 5.3 beta. Thank you for confirming the fix! :)

This discussion has been closed.