Upgrade path from v. 3.8.21

Options
ivj2Rap2Kusj8t
ivj2Rap2Kusj8t
Community Member

Hi, can you tell me how to upgrade from v. 3.8.21 while keeping my data?
Thank you.

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ivj2Rap2Kusj8t,

If you're upgrading to either 1Password 4 or 5 and your 1Password.agilekeychain is in its default location i.e. you've never moved it or you moved it to Dropbox then there isn't anything you really have to do.

1Password 4 and 5, the first time they're run will check for the existence of a 1Password.agilekeychain or .sqlite database file in all our default locations. That includes where 1Password 3 would normally store it and also 1Password 4/5 will check Dropbox and iCloud. If it find such data it imports it and asks you for the Master Password. Here's a link to a page in our 1Password 4 guide, Does 1Password 4 use the same keychain as 1Password 3? but it applies equally to 1Password 5 too.

If you have any further questions do please ask.

• ivj2Rap2Kusj8t
    ivj2Rap2Kusj8t
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you. Do I need to go to from1PW 3 to 1PW 4 or can I go directly to 1 PW 5?

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ivj2Rap2Kusj8t,

When you upgrade your license on our web store, you'll get a license file for 1Password 5 which also works for 1Password 4. The version you use will actually depend on your version of Mac OS. If your Mac is running OS X 10.8 or 10.9, you'll need to use 1Password 4. If it's running OS X 10.10 (Yosemite), you can use 1Password 5 (in which case, you can go right from version 3 to version 5).

If you need any help with that, just let us know! :)

This discussion has been closed.