Deleting old 1password

Options
jaynewachs
jaynewachs
Community Member

My instructions say to delete the old copy of 1 password. I would like to print out my passwords to make sure that they aren't lost. Since 1password 3 is all that is on my computer, I apparently can't use the 1 password 5 until I delete the old one. I realize that improvements are needed, but it sure has gotten more difficult with 1password.

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jaynewachs,

You can keep 1Password 3 and run it alongside 1Password 5 if you wish. What we wouldn't recommend doing is keeping multiple copies of either 1Password 4 or 5 on the same system due to a bug in Yosemite. As 1Password 3 is so different though it can be kept until you're happy that 1Password 5 is running smoothly.

In fact some of our users need to keep both. If you had an old iOS device that only has one of our 1Password 3 for iOS apps available then syncing is only possible now using Wi-Fi Sync with 1Password 3 for Mac. So some of our users keep 1Password 3 as a bridge between 1Password 5 for Mac and the old iOS device.

If you still wish to print out a copy of your passwords then certainly you can do that from either 1Password 3 or 5. You can also create a PDF instead if you don't wish to print. Either way though please do remember it's an unencrypted copy of your vault so you will want to be very careful with it.

If you have any further questions do please ask :smile:

This discussion has been closed.