How do I import data from iPhone to Mac version?

So I have created all my passwords on my iPhone device. Now I've purchased a combo license for my Windows and Mac desktop computers. How do I get my data from the iPhone to the desktops? I think I've tried everything I can come up with, and I can't find anything in the docs. It seems the docs assume I started by creating my data on a desktop?

--Andreas

Comments

• MikeT
    edited February 2011
    Hi Andreas, welcome to the forums!
    The first thing to do is backup your 1Password data on the iPhone, this guide will help you do that:

Now, you can create a new data file on your desktop and then sync your data from the iPhone to your computer. We recommend using Dropbox to sync your data between your Windows PCs, Macs and your iOS devices. This guide will help you set up everything from the beginning:

If you would like to use your local Wi-Fi network, you can do that but it will not sync to 1Password for Windows as we do not support the Wi-Fi sync on the Windows platform. Here is the guide for the iPhone Wi-Fi Sync:

I hope that helps! If you need any more help, you can let us know here or email us at support@agile.ws

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2011
    Welcome to the forums, Andreas!

It doesn't matter where your data starts, once you set up Dropbox syncing it will be merged. This means that you need to create an empty data file on your Mac or Windows computer and move it to your Dropbox folder. Then simply enable Dropbox syncing on your iOS device(s) and wait for syncing to finish. All your iOS data will be on your Mac/Windows machine. :-)

As an added bonus, if you did happen to create an item or two in Mac/Windows, that will now show up in iOS as well. Fully automatic, two-way syncing from here on out.

Please let me know how it goes.

Cheers!
  • OMG! It Just Workstm! I was assuming it was much more complicated. Thanks!

--Andreas
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Cheers! :-D
This discussion has been closed.