resetting 1password iCloud data

Options
frustrated.com
frustrated.com
Community Member

I am FRUSTRATED.Com because I have forgotten my master password! I am fully aware that there is no way to reset the password or recover the password due to the secureness of the programme (which is very impressive) but I have attempted to set up a new account that i want to be able to sync between all my devices but hit a brick wall as the app just wants to sync with my old account on iCloud that I can't remember my master password for!!!! Is there a simple way around this that i haven't seen or is it a done deal that I am unable to create a new account and sync it????? Greatly appreciate any advice or comments.

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @frustrated.com,

This should hopefully get you sorted out.

Open System Preferences > iCloud and click on the Manage... button. In there you will see an entry for 1Password. Select it and you will have a Delete documents & data button which is only deleting the sync data.

With the absence of the sync data 1Password should present you with the option of creating a new vault. If it doesn't try following our How do I start over with an empty vault? guide and if you're still having troubles please do post back here. If you can let us know what you're seeing and we'll do our best to help.

This discussion has been closed.