upgrading to 1P 3 using Apple Store

Options
securethinker
securethinker
Community Member

I currently have 1P v3. I'd like to know how to upgrade 1P to v5 and use the iCloud sync from my current version, which was bought in the Agilebits store (not the App store). Currently the upgrade is $24.99.

Comments

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi @securethinker,

Thanks for your interest in upgrading to the latest and greatest version of 1Password! We're glad you've heard about the convenient iCloud Sync option.

At this time, because of certain rules of engagement with Apple, the only way to get the iCloud Sync functionality is to purchase 1Password 5 from the Mac App Store. And unfortunately, there is currently no way for us to migrate a user's AgileBits license to a Mac App Store license, nor any way we can offer you an upgrade discount through the App Store.

You may find more details on the subject in our ever-popular iCloud FAQs.

However, if you do choose to take advantage of the 50% off upgrade discount in our webstore, you still have the excellent Dropbox and Wi-Fi Sync options.

I hope this helps you make an informed decision.

• securethinker
    securethinker
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Vee.

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You're welcome, @securethinker! I hope you were able to get 1Password set up with a sync solution that works for you. Let us know if there's anything else we can help you with. :)

This discussion has been closed.