Server Item -> URL is not recognized

C3PO
C3PO
Community Member

I have a server with the URL fild: https://192.168.1.20:5001/webman/index.cgi

1Password never recognizes the url if opened in the browser. And when I manually enter the user and the password, 1Password tries to create a new Login.

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @C3PO,

So the cause of your frustrations is that 1Password doesn't treat all category types the same. The 1Password Browser Extension works with the Login, Credit Card and Identity types. With that understanding, 1Password's attempts to create a new Login probably make a little more sense. When the different category types were created, certain decisions were made and altering the behaviour isn't as simple as you might initially believe as much has been hardcoded.

I find something similar to what you're experiencing with the Email Account type. At one point I used it for all my email accounts. Since then I've changed to using a Login item for any accounts that use both POP/IMAP and allow for webmail access, and instead keep a single Email Account item for the generalised information such as IMAP/SMTP addresses, ports and settings.

Depending on how your setup, you may find you want to keep both an Login item and a Server item. You may also find Tags at this point help keep the link between the two (or more) items.

Does that help at all? If you have any follow up questions do please ask :smile:

This discussion has been closed.