Sites that differ by port bring up wrong login

Options
scottplumlee
scottplumlee
Community Member
edited April 2015 in Mac

We have two sites that differ only by port and possibly path.
site1: http://domain:8080/
and
site2: http://domain:8081/path/

I've noticed that 1Password keeps bringing up the login for the wrong site. IE, when Safari is open on site1, the login that it tries to choose is site 2 (both have the correct site in the 1Password entry, plus another website that's the site w/o full domain).

I can't quite tell yet what the trigger is - but seems to be related to which opens first. This is on Mac.

1Password
Version 4.4.2 (442010)
Mac App Store

System is OS X 10.9.5

Will update more as I find it out.

Comments

• scottplumlee
    scottplumlee
    Community Member
    Options

Confirmed this on Chrome as well. For both Safari and Chrome, doesn't seem to be related to which opens first after all. Let me know what other info I can provide you.

• scottplumlee
    scottplumlee
    Community Member
    Options

Title edit: 'differ' by port.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@scottplumlee: I'm sorry to say that I don't actually have a similar site to test this with. It sounds like maybe this is something internal or private you're using, but if it isn't if you could share the URLs that might be helpful.

I did, however, try to test this by fudging it with fake logins for a fake website, and I did find something odd. I'm not sure that this is what you're referring to, but when using a URL with a port number that doesn't have an actual server at the other end, I am able to bring up all saved logins for the domain only using the 1Password extension toolbar button in the browser, whereas pressing ⌘⌥\ (Command+Option+Backslash) brings up 1Password mini with no logins shown for the site...but I'm not sure if something different happens if there is actually a web server listening at the other end. In other words it may just be due to the way the browsers (I tested both Chrome and Safari) handle extensions when no webpage is actually present.

Please let me know if this relates to what you are seeing. I look forward to hearing back from you.

• scottplumlee
    scottplumlee
    Community Member
    Options

That's interesting as well, but not exactly what I'm seeing. Let me try to screenshot everything and show you exactly what I'm seeing.

• scottplumlee
    scottplumlee
    Community Member
    Options

Three screenshots attached. See text on each one.

Also, just upgraded to 4.4.3 and still seeing it. This isn't any sort of showstopper, but it seems odd. I have a somewhat odd system - managed by the company, but I run as an admin, so it's possible this is some weird tweak on my side.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @scottplumlee ,

Please check in Preferences > Browser and let me know if you have 'Lenient URL Matching' enabled or disabled. This preference changes the way 1Password matches URLs. With 'Lenient URL Matching', 1Password will only pay attention to the main domain of the URL, so you might see a bunch of almost-matching URLs in your list.

• scottplumlee
    scottplumlee
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the idea, but it's not checked. I'll turn it on, try a test, then turn it back off and test again, just to verify the behavior continues.

• scottplumlee
    scottplumlee
    Community Member
    Options

Ran some tests, same behavior with the checkbox on or off.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @scottplumlee,

It doesn't appear 1Password differentiates between sites based on port number. We do have a feature request filed with our development team for their consideration on this.

Thanks!

ref: OPX-881

This discussion has been closed.