1Password 5.3 and dual monitors [known issue]

Options
random
random
Community Member
edited April 2015 in Mac

When using 1Password 5.3 mini while filling out a website, the unlock screen shows up in the middle of the monitor. With a dual monitor systems, this tends to be in the middle of the combined monitor screens. Sometimes this is in between the two monitors, or the wrong monitor, or in a corner of one of the monitors.

Comments

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @random,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about this issue. I have found this previous thread describing the same or similar issue. That thread pointed me to an existing bug we are tracking in our system, and I have added your feedback to the report.

Meanwhile, does it help if you use the browser extension button instead of the Mini?

ref: OPM-1603

• random
    random
    Community Member
    Options

Ver thanks for the prompt reply. When I click on the browser button, the password prompt is right under it in the expected location. When I use command-\, the unlock dialog is usually in the right corner of my external monitor at about 1/3 down from the top of the screen and outside my Safari window. If I place the Safari window on the Macbook, the unlock is in the same place in the external monitor.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @random,

Can I ask you to check one thing for me please. It's possibly not obvious but the 1Password mini menu can be dragged about and under more typical situations (single monitor) it remembers where it was last opened. That isn't to say there isn't a fault here but I'm wondering if you were to drag the menu elsewhere if it continues to use this new last spot.

So the reason it may not be obvious is the drag bar is pretty small, this image should help and I've used red to highlight what should normally respond to dragging.

Does this improve the situation at all?

I'll try to hook a second monitor up and see if I can more closely mimic your setup in the meanwhile.

• random
    random
    Community Member
    Options

That is a good work around!

It does always open in the last spot I move it. So if I use my Safari window in the same spot all the time, I do not have to look around the screens to see where it went.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'm glad we could find something that works for you @random :smile: if it gives you any problems or you expect a different behaviour do please post back here.

This discussion has been closed.