How to remove automaticly generated duplicate login's?

Options
oleenders
oleenders
Community Member

I am using 1Password on 2 IOS devices and 1 Mac Air. I sync only via Wifi and recently I have seen that all entries in 1Password have been duplicated on all 3 devices. Is there an easy way automated how to remove the duplicates?
Any idea why these duplicates have been created and how to prevent this?

Thx
Olaf

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @oleenders,

I'm sorry your items have been duplicated! Did that happen to every item in all categories, or only your Login items?

Is there an easy way automated how to remove the duplicates?

There's no option to automatically do that, but instead of manually deleting each duplicate, you might want to try restoring from a 1Password backup made before the problem happened. However, by doing this you would lose any changes you've made after that backup was created. If you've made changes to some items since then, one option is to export those changed items to a .1pif file before restoring from a backup, then re-importing them after the restore (we can help you with that if you'd like).

Before restoring from a backup, first make a new backup of your current data by opening 1Password and going to File > Backup.

In the window that opens, you can try restoring from one of the Backup files by selecting one and clicking the Restore button. Each backup will show how many items it contains, so it should be easy to tell which is the most recent backup from before the duplicates were created.

Any idea why these duplicates have been created and how to prevent this?

I don't know for sure how this would have happened, but by any chance have you needed to disable the Wi-Fi sync option on any of your devices and then set it up again? If so, there's a small chance that may have had something to do with it, but it's difficult to tell. It's definitely not normal behavior though, so it isn't something that should happen again.

Let us know how it all goes and if you need more help with that, thanks!

• oleenders
    oleenders
    Community Member
    Options

No I did nod disable the WiFi sync on any of the devices. I will remove the duplicates manually. Would be good to put in your roadmap for a future version of 1Password a function that eliminates duplicate entries.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for letting us know. I can certainly let our developers know you'd like to have an option like that. Having all your items duplicated isn't normal behavior though, so hopefully that's not an option you'll ever need in the future.

If you need anything else, please let us know!

This discussion has been closed.