1Password on two macs and two iPhones

Options
JeffVancouver
JeffVancouver
Community Member

I'm really happy with 1password but I ran into a challenging situation that I would like some help with.

My wife and I have two MacBooks and two iPhones. We use each others MacBooks randomly and would like to be able to sign in all of our logins on both computers.

In other words, I want to be able to access both all of her and all of my logins on her computer and she would like to be able to acces all of her and all of my logins on on my computer. We don't keep any secrets from each other! ;-)

What's the best way to do this other than manually copying (one by one) all of the logins from her computer to mine and the other way around?

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @JeffVancouver,

Good question! What you can do is share your 1Password vaults with each other, using Dropbox. It's actually pretty easy to set this up, and you definitely won't need to manually copy all your logins one at a time - if you're like me and have hundreds of Login items, that would just be torture! :ohnoes:

Now, we normally recommend that you don't share your Primary vault with someone else, and instead create a secondary vault that contains only the items you want to share, and share just that secondary vault. However, if you and your wife would like to have full access to each others' 1Password data, you can each share your Primary vault. Just make sure you take a look at this information about sharing an entire vault.

For instructions to set up vault sharing, take a look at this knowledgebase article. Hopefully that helps, but if you have questions about that, please let us know - we're here for you!

• JeffVancouver
    JeffVancouver
    Community Member
    Options

Works like a charm. Thanks!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Awesome, I'm happy that was helpful for you! If you need anything else, you know where to find us. :)

This discussion has been closed.