Dropbox Synch Issues

Options
KenBagby1
KenBagby1
Community Member

Is there a way to exchange my AgileBits purchased 1Password an Apple Store 1 Password? The reason: My 2 iOS devices and iMac are rarely in synch, even when performing manual synch on iPad Air. reason, it seems, is that Dropbox needs be open for the occur. I as have no need to. would just like happen without having jump through additional hoops which will invariably forget. It took hour this time troubleshoot issue myself. Once opened Dropbox, synched fine. But why extra step if it, presumably, automatically just happen iCloud?.

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @KenBagby1,

I'm sorry you're having trouble with Dropbox sync! To answer your initial question, unfortunately Apple doesn't currently provide a way to convert a license for the AgileBits Store version of 1Password to the Mac App Store version. So if you wanted the Mac App Store version of 1Password, you would need to purchase that separately.

Dropbox should be syncing your 1Password data automatically (like iCloud sync) and we're happy to help you get that working as expected. The Dropbox app does need to be running on your Mac so it can copy your 1Password data to/from your Dropbox.com account. But you shouldn't need to manually open the Dropbox app - it should start automatically when you start (or restart) your Mac. It runs in the background so you don't have to remember to open or close it. If it doesn't automatically run, please check a setting in Dropbox:

• Click the Dropbox icon in the menu bar at the top of the screen.
    • Click the gear icon and select Preferences.
    • Select the General tab.
    • Make sure the Start Dropbox on system startup option is enabled.

If that option was unchecked, or if you're manually quitting the Dropbox app, that explains why it wasn't working automatically.

Does this help? Let us know how it goes or if you have questions about that. Thanks!

• KenBagby1
    KenBagby1
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks...I made sure Dropbox again automatically loads when starting up. I had, and still have, so many apps logging in automatically upon startup that it slows to start up process to a crawl...even with 16GB RAM...taking 3 minutes on my 2012 iMac. Just was trying to much everything I could to speed matters up, not only at startup but once the startup process was complete. I visit the local Apple Store and their 4GB demo model of, say, Pages, comes up in an instant. I know it's a faster processor, etc. but mine takes about 90 seconds. Apple reps recommended reducing unneeded apps which may be running automatically in the background. Anyway, it looks like this is one which is necessary for 1Password. Thanks again....

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You're very welcome! A slow startup speed like that can definitely be frustrating. Hopefully keeping Dropbox enabled won't make it noticeably slower.

If you need anything else, please don't hesitate to let us know - we're always happy to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.