I did not name vault when I first opened the program. How do I now name my vault?

ljohnsonmd
ljohnsonmd
Community Member

I did not name vault when I first opened the program. How do I now name my vault?

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

What version of 1P are you running? Do you have only a primary (one) vault, or more than one vault? You don't actually "name" the vault if you have only one.

Stephen

• ljohnsonmd
    ljohnsonmd
    Community Member

Thanks. I'm using 5.3 (I believe). I saw some videos on 1 password and the vault was named. When I started the program and set up my initial vault, I don't remember a place to name it. I thought that I must have missed something, so, thanks for this info.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ljohnsonmd ,

I'm sorry for the confusion here. I'm glad Stephen's answer helped explain thing for you. He's right, your primary vault in 1Password (the one you create when you first set up the app) cannot be renamed. You can create secondary vaults with unique names and even customized vault icons however - learn more about how to do that in our Multiple Vaults user guide section.

We're here if you have any further questions or concerns about 1Password. :)

This discussion has been closed.